Facebook Twitter Steam You Tube
Shoutbox
You must be logged in to post a shout.
20/08/14 11:16pm
Good evening SGL
14/08/14 6:42pm
poop
03/08/14 12:04pm
the fants league is back up, sort your team out you cunts. for anyone that needs the code: 9737-36128
01/08/14 5:50pm
bunch of fuking mongs
27/07/14 1:01am
Hitler only had one ball
24/07/14 4:37pm
oOoOoOoOo
23/07/14 12:51pm
m00 said the Munkeh.
22/07/14 3:32pm
i like turtles
16/07/14 10:38am
Wilkeh is a homo

HTC Desire

Sun 1st Apr 2012 11:46am

SGLP: 108
Hey,

I'm sure many of you here have a HTC Desire, just wondering if anyone's experienced an annoying problem when texting.

Yesterday, I sent quite a few text messages. Then when I was out with friends sat round a table most of their phones started going mental and receiving all the text messages I sent during the day. This was at 2am. To one person the messages didn't send at all and I got accused of ignoring them, it's landed me in the shit :/

All day I had a decent amount of signal and I was able to ring people, and carry out other things on my phone perfectly normal - I've had this issue twice previously before and resolved it by reinstalling the OS onto my phone.

Surely it's a service provider issue, I'm with Orange.

/jibberjabba
Edited by tubbeh on 01/04/12 11:47am
Sun 1st Apr 2012 12:19pm
SGLP: 101
I have never had this problem and my phone is nearly 2 years old.

Has to be your provider mate.
Sun 1st Apr 2012 12:34pm

SGLP: 65
me either i love my desire never had a problem even dropped it in the sink when the tap was running and still going strong!
Tue 3rd Apr 2012 10:56am

After speaking to pLo - I released last night that the contacts who aren't receiving my text messages are the ones who I text the most and had >1300 messages stored against their name within my inbox. It's never happened to anyone who I text less often and only have <200 messages.

This happened previously, and to resolve the issue I factory restored the phone. Plus if I remember right, I had quite a few messages for the troublesome contacts saved before the restore - this resolved the issue until now. So, I've deleted all my inbox messages.. and so far, so good.

If it's worked, such a simple fix and I feel retarded now. Hopefully now I won't get accused by friends for ignoring them, why people can't just phone me I don't know. bah. thanks away! xx
Edited by tubbeh on 03/04/12 10:59am
Tue 3rd Apr 2012 12:17pm
SGLP: 101
^^ The only thing I have noticed with my phone is that the phone memory just seems to shrink on it's own progressively over time.

I have had to uninstall countless app's (dropbox being one -.-) because I can't save them to sd card.

After 3 factory resets it still keeps happening. Goes from about 30% free space, to around 15% or so in about a week. I then keep clearing caches deleting data from fb etc etc to give me a little more.

At the moment I'm sitting on 7% and really cba to do anything about it this time as the last time I reset my phone it changed all the numbers in my contacts list AND the ones in my exchange accounts address book to fucking American style phone numbers. This causes no actual problem when dialing or texting but it just looks irritating to the eye.

Thank god my contract is about to be over.
Tue 3rd Apr 2012 1:21pm
SGLP: 100
tubbeh said...
After speaking to pLo - I released last night that the contacts who aren't receiving my text messages are the ones who I text the most and had >1300 messages stored against their name within my inbox. It's never happened to anyone who I text less often and only have <200 messages.

This happened previously, and to resolve the issue I factory restored the phone. Plus if I remember right, I had quite a few messages for the troublesome contacts saved before the restore - this resolved the issue until now. So, I've deleted all my inbox messages.. and so far, so good.

If it's worked, such a simple fix and I feel retarded now. Hopefully now I won't get accused by friends for ignoring them, why people can't just phone me I don't know. bah. thanks away! xx

you text too much :D
Tue 3rd Apr 2012 3:15pm

SGLP: 113
orange on the whole for anything from internet to mobile coverage, its DOG!

Had bad experiences with orange, from capping of internet speeds to triple charging me monthly for my phone bill, and to edge it all of bad experience with there so called support lines haha.

Thu 5th Apr 2012 11:26am

I wish I went with the iPhone hype.
Thu 5th Apr 2012 10:15pm
galaxy s2 love it :D no problems at all
Wed 25th Apr 2012 10:19am
SGLP: 155
Had my desire for like 3 years now. Always thought the signal was shit (Vodafone).

Put Ice Cream Sandwich on the desire yesterday day. Absolutely brilliant signal, BUT that's not why.

The reason why my signal was shit was due to.... a phone case. Yes WTF?

Everywhere I go now i'm near enough on full signal, very weird.
Wed 25th Apr 2012 10:30am

Which mod are you using for ICS and how stable is it? I've got 2.3.7 and I do fancy trying out ICS soon
Wed 25th Apr 2012 10:34am
SGLP: 155
@lantis said...
Which mod are you using for ICS and how stable is it? I've got 2.3.7 and I do fancy trying out ICS soon

http://www.sandvold.as/screenshots.htm

I thought ICS was going to be very slow, but actually my desire seems rapid with it on, alot faster than any other mods ive had on the desire.

I got the best benchmark results with this ROM installed too..

There is a few small bugs, with the ROM but its getting updated quite often.

Overclocking is easy enough too.
Add a reply
You must be logged in to add a reply.

div

Related Links

Follow, like, subscribe and share!

Facebook Twitter Steam You Tube
RTL Servers
Latest gaming movies
Latest gaming news
© theSGL.com 2004-2014 | Terms & conditions | Privacy policy | Page generated in 19.88 ms. 5 DB queries.
Warning